To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Matthew Shell Expresses Happiness On His Instrumental Piece "First Light"
Matthew Shell Expresses Happiness On His Instrumental Piece "First Light"

By JR on 3:45 PM

Filed Under: ,


"I'm currently working on an hour-long song created completely with live instrumentation in a jazz style titled "First Light." I only work when I am inspired, and the creation of this song is no exception. My wife had been very stressed at a job where she had little to no work-life balance for the last four years. The day she finally left that job and transitioned to a new job with better work-life balance, I saw how happy she was. Seeing that joy in her spirit, I was inspired, and I composed my song, "First Light," in one sitting. I mapped out all of the chord changes, 17 key changes, 20 tempo changes, and the entire arrangement in one tremendously focused twelve-hour session at The Sweet Spot Studio.

It was definitely an inspired session. From there I enlisted pianist Vahagn Stepanyan to lay down the piano and upright bass parts over the course of a week, and then vocalist Kenny Wesley to add some beautiful harmonies and lead vocal parts in another intense six-hour session. From there I've been working on my guitar parts when I can get my wife in the studio with me, as well as various other parts with a plethora of musicians. Bit by bit, this song is building into something epic." - Matthew Shell

http://mtsmusic.net/contact

0 comments for this post