To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Singer Carmen Lundy Unites With Jazz Greats To Dream Of A Brighter Future On "American Rainbow"
Singer Carmen Lundy Unites With Jazz Greats To Dream Of A Brighter Future On "American Rainbow"

By JR on 11:03 AM

Filed Under: , ,

"My dear friend of more than 30 years, composer and pianist Rich Meitin and I collaborated on many songs during my time in New York. Rich called me a few months ago to tell me that his health was failing due to an inoperable brain tumor. About a week later, he called again to ask me to re-visit a song we wrote back in the late 80s for The Rainbow Coalition and Jesse Jackson’s run for President. The song is called “American Rainbow”. I was touched by the relevancy of our lyrics and how they resonate in today’s political and social climate. During this Covid lockdown, I reached out to some friends in the Jazz community who I knew would help bring this song to life – Terri Lyne Carrington, Aaron Parks, Lionel Loueke, and Ben Williams. Thank you each and every one of you for putting your heart and soul into this song. Sadly, Rich passed away before hearing the result of our collaboration. “American Rainbow” celebrates his life and our collective dream for a brighter future. A brighter future for us all. I dedicate this to the memory of Rich Meitin." - Carmen Lundy Carmen Lundy - Vocals Terri Lyne Carrington - Drums Aaron Parks - Piano Ben Williams - Bass Lionel Loueke - guitar Elisabeth Oei - Backing vocals

0 comments for this post

Post a Comment