To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Images From Mind, Body, Soul: Mos Def, Jay Electronica, Consequence, Talib Kweli
Images From Mind, Body, Soul: Mos Def, Jay Electronica, Consequence, Talib Kweli

By JR on 10:40 AM

Filed Under: , ,







This concert with an all star line-up of hip hop greats took place at New York's Knitting Factory 1/20/10, it was an event to promote greater awareness of Diabetes. This was other event in my hometown which I couldn't make due to work, but thanks to this great photography my Mel D. Cole and video footage I have something to look back and reflect on. Take a look through the slideshow and witness a who's who of classic hip hop music and culture attending this important event.

I feel fortunate to have anyone in my family who is not affected by diabetes right now. As I get older, I realize some overall improvements that could be made to help the people of inner city communities where most people in hip hop come from. When I travel to upper class communities outside my own neighborhood, the marketing of food and beverages changes drastically, from junk foods to more healthy and organic. I think the change of community values and awareness starts with the people who are willing to make a difference, like this great collective of MCs did at the Knitting Factory. Rest in peace to Killa Sha who recently passed away from diabetes.

0 comments for this post

Post a Comment