To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Fred Pallem & le Sacre du Tympan Do 70's Soundtracks On "Soul Cinema" Cover Project
Fred Pallem & le Sacre du Tympan Do 70's Soundtracks On "Soul Cinema" Cover Project


"Six instrumental orgasms are here enclosed, played by virtuoso musicians who are clearly enjoying themselves. And three vocal tracks are added as digital bonuses: Curtis Mayfield's "Superfly" by Lisa Spada, Isaac Hayes' "You're In My Arms Again" (from the movie Truck Turner) by Dom Farkas and James Brown's "Down And Out In New York City" (from Black Caesar) by Hugh Coltman. "Hugh, I met him in a studio a long time ago when I was working with Sébastien Tellier, and we connected just like that. I knew Dom Farkas cause I saw him sing in all of the "Poésie B" happenings and I was a fan of his band, Trash Corporation. So I knew what he was capable of and I couldn't miss this opportunity to have him sing with me. I met Lisa Spada in a studio when Sandra Nkaké introduced us. A great encounter ".

6 + 3, the magic numbers. And the whole shebang was recorded live on analog tapes, with no re-recording, at the famous Ferber studio after four gigs, including one sold out in Paris' New Morning.
"For the vinyl, I chose the six instrumentals with the most fun in impro, that was my idea from the start. It was done naturally, it's a one shot project played live for a limited edition vinyl LP. We did two takes for a couple of tracks but it was all live, nine musicians and three singers, the Dirty Dozen!" - Olivier Cachin

Musicians: Fred Pallem (Fender bass, Arranger), Guillaume Magne (Electric Guitar), Frédéric Escoffier (Hammond B3 Organ, Hohner Clavinet D6, Fender Rhodes, Roland SH2000), Emiliano Turi (Drums), Abraham Mansfaroll (percussions), Fred Gastard (tenor & Bass saxophones), Sylvain Bardiau, Izidor Leitinger (Trumpet, Fluegelhorn), Mathias Mahler (Trombone) + GUESTS: Lisa Spada, Dom Farkas, Hugh Coltman

Recorded live by Bertrand Fresel @ Ferber Studios Paris, France, November 29, 2016 / Recording Assistant Guillaume Dujardin

Mixed by Bertrand Fresel @ Studio Juno, France.

Mastered by Alexis Bardinet @ Globe Audio Mastering

Artwork by Pooley

Produced by TRAIN FANTOME & LE SACRE DU TYMPAN

0 comments for this post